Original Cost: $6.95
This was another year of firsts for the Hess Toy Truck fleet. For the first time ever, the truck was not based on an actual Hess vehicle. This was also the first year the truck was two toys in one.
Truck & Racer Details:
- This truck takes accessories to a new level! It is a transport truck carrying a friction-powered race car.
- Race car can be removed and played with separately.
- This is also the first truck to display the year on its license plate.
- Truck was made in both Hong Kong and in China.
- This is the Hong Kong version.
- Battery compartment is clean and all the lights are in working order.
- During the late 1980s, they had some problems with the chrome process and some of the trucks came out with a gold tone to them. This not only has a gold grille but it also has gold diamond steps!
- This was quickly caught and corrected and only a few of these were distributed making them very hard to find.
- Truck measures approximately 12″ in length and in excellent condition with only a slight discolored cab (see pics).
- Box is in excellent condition with bright graphics. Complete with both top & bottom inserts
- Features the truck parked next to a Hess Gas Station with Christmas trees and mountains in the background.
- Bottom of the box contains battery installation instructions and race car operation instructions.
Truck & Box – 9.9 Condition
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
This is a retirement sale. All sales are final with no returns!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.