Original Cost: $5.99
- This truck breaks the tradition of the prior year Hess trucks.
- It sports a clean white color scheme reminiscent of the Company’s stores.
- The vehicle is an 18-Wheel Tractor Trailer with three miniature Hess-labeled oil barrels.
- In addition to the headlights and taillights, the truck comes with clearance and running lights.
- This is the “Gold Grille” made in Hong Kong version.
- The trailer has side sliding cargo doors and a coin slot on top along with fuel tanks on each side of the cab smooth plate look.
- Rear trailer door opens with a red knob to withdraw savings.
- Battery compartment is clean and all the lights are in working order.
- Box is mint with bright graphics and complete with both top & bottom inserts.
- The truck measures approximately 14″ in length.
Approximately 90% of the trucks were made in Hong Kong, while only about 10% were made in China, which makes the China version worth more. There were also a small number of “smooth coat” trucks where the chrome doorstep is smooth, rather than the diamond pattern. The serious Hess Truck Collector likes to own all the different versions of this truck.
Truck & Box – Mint Condition