Original Cost: $5.99
SKU# H1987HKGGGS -41
This is a white 14.5 inch tractor trailer, the fourth Hess bank and second box truck released.
- This truck breaks the tradition of the prior Hess trucks.
- The vehicle is an 18-Wheel Tractor Trailer with three miniature Hess-labeled oil barrels.
- In addition to the headlights and taillights, the truck comes with clearance and running lights.
- Trailer has side sliding cargo doors and a coin slot on top along with fuel tanks on each side of the cab have the diamond plate look.
- What’s different about this edition is instead of the steps being chrome plated or smooth step these are gold toned.
- This is the first one of this year Hess truck that we have ever seen!
- This variation is known as the “Gold Grille” (see pic) and made in Hong Kong.
- The rear trailer door opens with a red knob to withdraw savings.
- During the late 1980s, it seems they had some problems with the chrome process and some of the trucks came out with a gold tone to them.
- This was quickly caught and corrected and only a few of these were distributed making them very hard to find.
- Battery compartment is clean and all the lights are in working order.
- Complete with both top & bottom inserts.
- The box is in excellent with bright graphics.
Approximately 90% of the trucks were made in Hong Kong, while only about 10% were made in China, which makes the China version worth more. There were also a small number of “smooth coat” trucks where the chrome doorstep is smooth, rather than the diamond pattern. The serious Hess Truck Collector likes to own all the different versions of this truck.
Truck & Box – Mint Condition
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.