Original Cost: $4.99
This was the first Hess bank truck made. The truck is a redesigned version of the 1977/1978 Oil Tanker Truck with a coin slot added on the rear of the tanker. The truck is the rare “Black Switch” version as the red switch is usually found on this year. It has working head and taillights, and a removable hose. The other major difference is that there are no more decals used on this truck, so you do not have the wearing or peeling of them anymore.
- The words on the truck are now molded into the plastic.
- The box is now a one-piece variety where the truck slides out of the end flaps.
- There is a picture of the front of the truck on one end of the box and the rear of the truck on the other end of the box.
- The bottom of the box has the instructions for the installation of the battery.
- The battery compartment is clean and all the lights are in working order.
- The box has bright graphics and complete with both top & bottom inserts and battery instruction card.
- Also included is the hard to find original shipping carton & Seasons Greetings card from Hess in 1984! NOTE: address has been blocked out for picture to protect old owner but mint & readable on box as delivered.
- The truck has the rare black switch on the bottom where it is usually red. Measures approximately 13″ in length and is in mint condition. Lights have been inspected and are all in working order.
Truck & Box – Mint / Carton – 9.9 Condition
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.