Original Cost: $2.49
The 1977 & 1978 Hess trucks both have 1977 in Roman numerals on the battery cover. Difference between the 1977 & 1978 is the size of the rear decal. 1977 decal is 1″ X 1 ½” and the 1978 is 7/8″ x 1 ½.”. The classic is back! A modernized Fuel Oil Tanker with a larger, squared off cab, featuring a sparkling chrome grille – only the second truck yet with such a detail.
- The 1977 & 1978 trucks had more chrome than prior years.
- Working head and taillights and removable hose.
- Truck and decals are all present and in excellent condition (see pics).
- Battery compartment is clean (see pic) and all the lights are in working order.
- The truck measures approximately 14″ in length.
- Box is in excellent condition with strong corners (see pics).
- Complete with both top & bottom inserts plus battery card.
- End of the box reads: Made in Hong Kong “Amerada Hess Corporation Woodridge, New Jersey 07095”.
- When the boxes were produced the word Woodbridge was misspelled as Woodridge.
- There is no writing on the other end.
- No truck was issued in 1979 due to the gas shortage.
Truck & Box – Mint Condition
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.