Original Cost: $2.49
- 1977 & 1978 Hess trucks both have 1977 in Roman numerals on the battery cover.
- Difference between the 1977 & 1978 is the size of the rear decal.
- 1977 decal is 1″ X 1 ½” and the 1978 is 7/8″ x 1 ½.”
- This year truck had more chrome than prior years.
- Working head and taillights and removable hose.
- Battery compartment is clean and all the lights are in working order.
- Box is in excellent condition (see pic). Complete with both top & bottom inserts plus battery card.
- End of the box reads: Made in Hong Kong “Amerada Hess Corporation Woodridge, New Jersey 07095”. There is no writing on the other end of the box.
- When the boxes were produced the word Woodbridge was mispelled as Woodridge.
- The truck measures approximately 14″ in length and has the rare “black switch” as opposed to the normal red switch that you find on almost all of them.
- There was no truck issued in 1979 due to the gas shortage.
Truck – Mint / Box – 9.9 Condition