Original Cost: $2.49
1977 & 1978 Hess trucks both have 1977 in Roman numerals on the battery cover. Difference between the 1977 & 1978 is the size of the rear decal. 1977 decal is 1″ X 1 ½” and the 1978 is 7/8″ x 1 ½.”
- The 1977 & 1978 trucks had more chrome accents than prior years.
- Truck measures approximately 14″ in length with mint decals (see pics).
- Complete with working head and taillights and a removable hose.
- Battery compartment is clean (see pic) and all the lights are in working order.
- Box is in excellent condition with slight wear (see pics).
- Complete with RARE top insert & bottom. Most of these boxes came with the usual top insert with the slit open but there were a few that actually had an area to hold the battery for the truck (see pic).
- Battery card is also included and in mint condition (see pic).
- End of the box reads: Made in Hong Kong “Amerada Hess Corporation Woodridge, New Jersey 07095”. There is no writing on the other end of the box.
- When the boxes were produced the word Woodbridge was mispelled as Woodridge.
- There was no truck issued in 1979 due to the gas shortage.
Truck – Mint / Box – 9.9 Condition
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.