Original Cost: $2.29
The truck is a newly designed cab and box trailer. It comes with three small oil barrels with labels. Note the unique sliding doors on each side of the trailer, rear doors that open and close and working headlights and taillights operated by a switch underneath the trailer. This is the first non-split window truck in the Hess line.
There were 4 versions of the 1976 Hess Truck which can be seen on the front part of the trucks trailer and underneath.
- Version #1 has the candy canes on the front of the trailer with the small writing underneath that says “AMERADA HESS CORPORATION MADE IN HONG KONG”.
- Version #2 has the candy canes on the front of the trailer with the large writing underneath that says “AMERADA HESS COPRRATION MADE IN HONG KONG”.
- Version #3 has the 7s on the front of the trailer with the small writing underneath that says “AMERADA HESS CORPORATION MADE IN HONG KONG”.
- Version #4 has the 7s on the front of the trailer with the large writing underneath that says “AMERADA HESS COPRRATION MADE IN HONG KONG”.
On the versions with the large writing underneath of the trailer part of the truck you will notice that the “O” is missing in CORPORATION. This design was purposely done due to lack of space (see pic).
- Included are 3 oil barrels (5 ring) with Hess labels on them.
- This is version #4 of the 4 different variations.
- Truck has sliding doors on each side of the trailer and rear doors that open and close.
- It is a two-piece style cab, the fenders are a separate molded piece from the cab.
- 1976 truck is made of a darker color green than the 1975 edition.
- Truck & decals are in near mint condition with only a small white area on the rear decal chipped off (see pic).
- The cab is complete with all the chrome accents in mint condition (see pics).
- Battery compartment is clean (see pic) and all the lights are in working order.
- Box is in near mint condition, bright graphics with only some slight wear (see pics).
- Complete with the top & bottom inserts as well as the battery card (see pic).
- End of the box reads MADE IN HONG KONG “Amerada Hess Corporation Woodbridge, New Jersey” nothing written on the other end of the box.
- Truck measures approximately 13″ in length. Fantastic display piece.
Truck & Box – 9.9 Condition
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.