Original Cost: $2.29
The truck is a newly designed cab and box trailer. It comes with three small oil barrels with labels. Note the unique sliding doors on each side of the trailer, rear doors that open and close and working headlights and taillights operated by a switch underneath the trailer. This is the first non-split window truck in the Hess line.
There were 4 versions of the 1976 Hess Truck which can be seen on the front part of the trucks trailer and underneath.
- Version #1 has the candy canes on the front of the trailer with the small writing underneath that says “AMERADA HESS CORPORATION MADE IN HONG KONG”.
- Version #2 has the candy canes on the front of the trailer with the large writing underneath that says “AMERADA HESS COPRRATION MADE IN HONG KONG”.
- Version #3 has the 7s on the front of the trailer with the small writing underneath that says “AMERADA HESS CORPORATION MADE IN HONG KONG”.
- Version #4 has the 7s on the front of the trailer with the large writing underneath that says “AMERADA HESS COPRRATION MADE IN HONG KONG”.
On the versions with the large writing underneath of the trailer part of the truck you will notice that the “O” is missing in CORPORATION. This design was purposely done due to lack of space (see pic).
- Has 3 oil barrels (4-ring) with Hess labels on them.
- There were 4 versions of this truck. This is the version #2 (see above chart).
- Truck has sliding doors on each side of the trailer and rear doors that open and close.
- It is a two-piece style cab, the fenders are a separate molded piece from the cab.
- 1976 truck is made of a darker color green than the 1975 edition.
- Complete with all the chrome parts, yellow accents & decals show slight wear (see pics).
- Battery compartment is clean (see pic) and all the lights are in working order.
- Truck measures approximately 13″ in length. Fantastic display piece
- Box in excellent condition with slight wear, 1 torn flap area and some faint water staining which is hard to even see (see pics).
- Complete with bottom insert only & battery card.
- End of the box reads MADE IN HONG KONG “Amerada Hess Corporation Woodbridge, New Jersey” nothing written on the other end of the box.
Truck – 9.9 / Box – 9.8 Condition
This is a clearance item & sold “As Is” with no returns
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.