Original Cost: $1.99
The truck is a newly designed cab and box trailer. It comes with three small oil barrels with no labels. Note the unique sliding doors on each side of the trailer, rear doors that open and close, and working headlights and taillights operated by a switch underneath the trailer. This truck had a one-piece cab. (The cab and fenders are one piece.) This is the first non-split window truck in the Hess line. Also, the 1975 Box Truck was made of a lighter color green plastic than the 1976.
There were 4 versions of the 1975 Hess Truck which can be seen on the front part of the trucks trailer and underneath.
- Version #1 has the candy canes on the front of the trailer with the small writing underneath that says “AMERADA HESS CORPORATION MADE IN HONG KONG”.
- Version #2 has the candy canes on the front of the trailer with the large writing underneath that says “AMERADA HESS COPRRATION MADE IN HONG KONG”.
- Version #3 has the 7s on the front of the trailer with the small writing underneath that says “AMERADA HESS CORPORATION MADE IN HONG KONG”.
- Version #4 has the 7s on the front of the trailer with the large writing underneath that says “AMERADA HESS COPRRATION MADE IN HONG KONG”.
On the versions with the large writing underneath of the trailer part of the truck you will notice that the “O” is missing in CORPORATION. This design was purposely done due to lack of space (see pic).
- Truck cab is complete with all bright chrome parts.
- Decals are all in mint condition as well (see pics).
- Truck measures approximately 13″ in length.
- Included are the 3 (4 ring) oil barrels.
- The truck has the “candy canes and small writing” making this a #1 version of this year.
- The 1975 barrels did not have Hess labels on them this year and are in sealed plastic.
- Sliding doors on each side of the trailer and rear doors that open and close.
- The 1975 truck is made of a lighter color green than the 1976 edition
- Battery compartment is clean (see pic) and all the lights are in working order.
- The box is in near mint condition, bright graphics and only slight 1/2″ tear on 1 inside corner flap (see pics).
- Complete with the top & bottom inserts as well as the battery card.
- The end of the box reads “Amerada Hess Corporation Woodbridge, New Jersey”
- There is nothing written on the other end of the box.
Truck – Mint / Box – 9.9 Condition
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.