Original Cost: $1.89
This edition of the Hess collection is very similar to the 1968 version with some slight changes. Truck has round feet on the landing gear rather that square that the 68’s & 69’s had. Tanker itself is more round than oval like on the 1968 and is also a lighter color green. Difference between the 1972 & 1974 Hess trucks can be seen by looking at the top of the catwalk of the tanker. The 1972 catwalk does not go to the end of the truck giving it a small lip at the end, 1974 catwalk extends to the very end of the tanker and then rounds off at the rear.
- Bright chrome accents with all decals in excellent condition (see pics).
- Battery compartment is clean (see pic) and all the lights are in working order.
- This is a great display piece (see pic). These are getting harder and harder to find.
- The catwalk extends to the very end of the tanker and then rounds off at the rear making this is a 1974 edition.
- Truck measures approximately 13″ in length and is a great display piece (see pics).
- Top of the box has bright graphics, crisp edges with only a small smudge area on one side (see pics).
- Box bottom is in excellent condition with little wear for its age.
- Complete with both top & bottom inserts. Top insert has some writing from previous owner (see pic).
- Box end reads “”Amerada Hess Corporation” on one end and the other states “Made in the British Crown Colony of Hong Kong”.
- No battery card was issued in 1974.
Truck – Mint / Box – 9.9 Condition
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
This is a retirement sale. All sales are final with no returns!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.