Original Cost: $1.89
This edition of the Hess collection is very similar to the 1968 version with some slight changes. Truck has round feet on the landing gear rather that square that the 68’s & 69’s had. Tanker itself is more round than oval like on the 1968 and is also a lighter color green. Difference between the 1972 & 1974 Hess trucks can be seen by looking at the top of the catwalk of the tanker. The 1972 catwalk does not go to the end of the truck giving it a small lip at the end, 1974 catwalk extends to the very end of the tanker and then rounds off at the rear.
- Bright chrome accents and complete with all decals in excellent condition (see pics).
- Battery compartment is clean (see pic) and all the lights are in working order.
- This is a great display piece as these are getting harder and harder to find in this condition.
- The catwalk extends to the very end of the tanker and then rounds off at the rear making this is a 1974 edition.
- Truck measures approximately 13″ in length and is a great display piece (see pics).
- Top of the box has bright graphics and in excellent condition with only some very faint age spots on one side area that is tough to see (see pics).
- Box bottom is in excellent condition (see pics).
- Complete with both top & bottom inserts also in excellent condition.
- End of the box reads “”Amerada Hess Corporation” on one end and the other states “Made in the British Crown Colony of Hong Kong”.
- No battery card was issued in 1974.
Truck – Mint / Box – 9.95 Condition
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.