Original Cost: $1.69
- This edition of the Hess collection is very similar to the 1968 version with some slight changes.
- Truck has round feet on the landing gear rather that square that the 68s had.
- Tanker itself is more round than oval like on the 1968 and is also a lighter color green.
- Truck has bright chrome accents with the decals all in mint condition (see pics). This is as nice as they come and considered collector quality (see pics).
- Battery compartment is clean and all the lights are in working order.
- Box is in mint condition with bright graphics (see pic). Complete with both top & bottom inserts.
- End of the box reads “Amerada Hess Corporation” on one end and the other states “Made in the British Crown Colony of Hong Kong”.
- No battery card was issued in 1972.
- Difference between the 1972 & 1974 Hess trucks can be seen by looking at the top of the catwalk of the tanker.
- 1972 catwalk does not go to the end of the truck giving it a small lip at the end.
- 1974 catwalk extends to the very end of the tanker and then rounds off at the rear.
- Truck measures approximately 13″ in length and is a great display piece.
Truck & Box – Mint Condition