Original Cost: $1.69
This edition of the Hess collection is very similar to the 1968 version with some slight changes. Truck has round feet on the landing gear rather that square that the 68s had. Tanker itself is more round than oval like on the 1968 and is also a lighter color green. Difference between the 1972 & 1974 Hess trucks can be seen by looking at the top of the catwalk of the tanker. 1972 catwalk does not go to the end of the truck giving it a small lip at the end. 1974 catwalk extends to the very end of the tanker and then rounds off at the rear. This is a 1972 Hess tanker.
- Truck has all chrome accents in excellent condition (see pics).
- There is a slight indent in one area along the catwalk and a blemish in the white striping near the front of the tanker (see pics).
- Decals are all present with little to no wear. The “HE” on one front decal has slight loss all the rest are ok (see pics).
- This is a nice display piece and perfect for the person that cannot afford the mint in box price.
- Measures approximately 13″ in length.
- Battery compartment is clean (see pics) and all the lights are in working order.
- Box has bright graphics all around with only a tape repair on one corner of each end (see pics).
- Bottom on the box show some staining inside & out on one side which cannot be seen once top in on (see pics).
- Complete with both top reproduction insert & bottom original insert.
- End of the box reads “Amerada Hess Corporation” on one end and the other states “Made in the British Crown Colony of Hong Kong”.
- No battery card was issued in 1972.
Truck – 9.8 / Box – 9.0 Condition
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.