Original Cost: $1.69
This edition of the Hess collection is very similar to the 1968 version with some slight changes. Truck has round feet on the landing gear rather that square that the 68s had. Tanker itself is more round than oval like on the 1968 and is also a lighter color green. Difference between the 1972 & 1974 Hess trucks can be seen by looking at the top of the catwalk of the tanker. 1972 catwalk does not go to the end of the truck giving it a small lip at the end. 1974 catwalk extends to the very end of the tanker and then rounds off at the rear. This is a 1972 Hess tanker.
- Truck is complete with all bright chrome accents (see pics).
- Decals are all present & in mint condition (see pics).
- Measures approximately 13″ in length.
- Battery compartment is clean (see pics) and all the lights are in working order.
- Box top has bright graphics all around with only a tiny tear on one end of the top area (see pics).
- Box bottom is in excellent condition (see pics).
- Complete with repo top & original bottom inserts.
- Box end reads “Amerada Hess Corporation” on one end and the other states “Made in the British Crown Colony of Hong Kong”.
- No battery card was issued in 1972.
Truck Mint / Box – 9.9 Condition
Free Season’s Greetings Card!
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
This is a retirement sale. All sales are final with no returns!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.