Original Cost: $1.69
This edition of the Hess collection is very similar to the 1968 version with some slight changes. Truck has round feet on the landing gear rather that square that the 68s had. Tanker itself is more round than oval like on the 1968 and is also a lighter color green. Difference between the 1972 & 1974 Hess trucks can be seen by looking at the top of the catwalk of the tanker. 1972 catwalk does not go to the end of the truck giving it a small lip at the end. 1974 catwalk extends to the very end of the tanker and then rounds off at the rear. This is a 1972 Hess tanker.
- Truck has bright chrome accents, decals in excellent condition and has a small chip on rear stripe on one side near “Fuel Oils” (see pics).
- There are some very small paint marks on the tanker in various areas (see pics).
- This is a nice starter piece for the person just starting out that cannot afford the high price of a mint in the box edition.
- Measures approximately 13″ in length.
- Battery compartment is clean (see pics) and all the lights are in working order.
- Box top has bright graphics all around with some wear and a tear on the top area (see pics).
- Box bottom is in good condition with crayon marks inside & outside (see pics).
- Complete with repo top & original bottom inserts.
- Box end reads “Amerada Hess Corporation” on one end and the other states “Made in the British Crown Colony of Hong Kong”.
- No battery card was issued in 1972.
Truck 9.5 / Box – 9.0 Condition – Free Season’s Greetings Card!
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
This is a retirement sale. All sales are final with no returns!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.