Original Cost: $1.69
This edition of the Hess collection is very similar to the 1968 version with some slight changes. Truck has round feet on the landing gear rather that square that the 68s had. Tanker itself is more round than oval like on the 1968 and is also a lighter color green. Difference between the 1972 & 1974 Hess trucks can be seen by looking at the top of the catwalk of the tanker. 1972 catwalk does not go to the end of the truck giving it a small lip at the end. 1974 catwalk extends to the very end of the tanker and then rounds off at the rear. This is a 1972 Hess tanker.
- Truck has bright chrome accents and in near mint condition with only a smudge on the hood (see pic).
- This is an extremally nice display piece and getting harder to find in this condition (see pics).
- Decals are all present and in excellent condition.
- Measures approximately 13″ in length.
- Battery compartment is clean (see pics) and all the lights are in working order.
- Box top has bright graphics all around (see pics).
- Box bottom is in excellent condition with some writing (see pic).
- Complete with both top & bottom inserts. There is the date 1973 on the top insert (see pic).
- Box end reads “Amerada Hess Corporation” on one end and the other states “Made in the British Crown Colony of Hong Kong”.
- No battery card was issued in 1972.
Truck – 9.9 / Box – 9.8 Condition
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
This is a retirement sale. All sales are final with no returns!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.