Original Cost: $1.69
Here is the very rare and one of the most difficult pieces in the Hess collection to acquire. Hess re-introduced the same fire truck in 1971 but ran out of the colorful boxes midway through production and replaced them with a plain box with no graphics. Service station attendants were in charge of applying the “Season’s Greetings’ sticker on top of the box when the item was purchased at the stations. The truck is a replica of the actual fire engine used at the Hess refineries and storage terminals. Some of these trucks are still in service today at the plants. The set has all original parts including the box (see details) and there are no reproduction parts on this item.
- This is a pumper style truck in mint condition with bright chrome. One of the best we have ever had!
- There are two removable hoses on one side, a ladder on the other with original tape still there and a swivel water cannon on top.
- A rotating light that flashes on the top of the cab. Light has been tested and is working properly.
- Battery compartment is clean and in pristine condition (see pic).
- Box top is plain and all original with the “Season’s Greetings” sticker across the top.
- The ends of the box all have strong sides with no rips, tears or split.
- Shows some slight wear with only a small ding on one side (see pic) but great condition for its age.
- Original Bottom of the box that usually has the paper company stamp on it is NOT included! This has the regular 1970 Hess cardboard bottom (see pic).
- Included in the box are all 4 inserts and the battery card in excellent condition also all original (see pics).
- Many customers were disappointed not getting the colorful box but little did they know how valuable it would become!
- A great collectible at a great price!
Truck – Mint / Box – 9.9 Condition
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.