Original Cost: $1.69
- Here is the very rare and one of the most difficult pieces in the Hess collection to acquire.
- The set has all original parts including the box.
- There are no reproduction parts on this item.
- Hess re-introduced the same fire truck in 1971 but ran out of the colorful boxes midway through production and replaced them with a plain box with no graphics.
- The service station attendants were in charge of applying the “Season’s Greetings’ sticker on top of the box when the item was purchased at the stations.
- Many customers were disappointed not getting the colorful box but little did they know how valuable it would become!
- The truck is a replica of the actual fire engine used at the Hess refineries and storage terminals.
- Some of these trucks are still in service today at the plants.
- This is a pumper style truck in 9.9 condition with bright chrome.
- There are two removable hoses on one side, a ladder on the other, a swivel water cannon and a rotating light that flashes on the top of the cab.
- Battery compartment is clean (see pic) and the light on top works great.
- Box is plain and all original with the “Season’s Greetings” sticker across the top.
- The box shows some wear and has a few faint stains (see pic) but great condition for its age
- Bottom of the box has the paper company stamp on it but difficult to photo (see pic).
- Included in the box are all 4 inserts and the battery card in excellent condition also all original. A great collectible at a great price!
Truck & Box – 9.9 Condition