Original Cost: $2.49
In 1965 Hess started to expand its name and proceeded to purchase stations in the southeast such as Billups, Service, Wilco just to name a few. Hess would produce a toy truck and every year after its southern stations were allowed to use the mold to make trucks with their logos on them. Service Distributing Company, Inc. (Servco) used the name “Service” which appeared on all its toy trucks from 1966 until 1976. It then changed the name to “Service Plus” in 1979. In 1986 the name changed again to Servco. This particular edition is a copy of the very popular 1977/1978 Hess Tanker Truck.
- This is the finest 1967 Service ship we have ever had in our 30 years of collecting & selling (see pics).
- The ship is complete with all chrome accents, deck parts, rudder & prop ALL ORIGINAL (see pics).
- Measures approximately 18″ in length and comes with all the decals in mint condition which is very hard to find for its age and rarity (see pics).
- Lights have all been tested and are in working order.
- Battery compartment is clean & complete with battery holder which is always missing.
- The top of the box is in excellent condition, no splits, strong corners with only some slight creasing on the one side of the top (see pics).
- The rare small SERVICE sticker on one end of box top that is usually missing is present and in mint condition (see pic).
- The bottom of the box is also in excellent condition.
- Comes complete with all 4 inserts plus Rare battery card which is always missing (see pics).
- You will notice that unlike the colorful 1966 Hess Voyager box there are no fancy designs or colors (see pics).
Ship – Mint / Box – 9.99 Condition
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
This is a retirement sale. All sales are final with no returns!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.