Original Cost: $2.49
In 1965 Hess started to expand its name and proceeded to purchase stations in the southeast such as Billups, Service, Wilco just to name a few. Hess would produce a toy truck and every year after its southern stations were allowed to use the mold to make trucks with their logos on them. Service Distributing Company, Inc. (Servco) used the name “Service” which appeared on all its toy trucks from 1966 until 1976. It then changed the name to “Service Plus” in 1979. In 1986 the name changed again to Servco. This particular edition is a copy of the very popular 1977/1978 Hess Tanker Truck.
- The ship is complete with all chrome accents, deck parts, rudder & prop ALL ORIGINAL.
- Measures approximately 18″ in length only missing one decal on the bow of one side. Rear decals present with some wear but minor for its age and rarity (see pics).
- Lights have all been tested and are in working order.
- Battery compartment is clean & complete with battery holder which is always missing (see pic).
- The top of the box is in excellent condition, no splits & strong corners, slight wear & some warping which is common for its age (see pics).
- A small 1″ area on one end of box top that looks like there used to be a sticker or something (see pic).
- The bottom of the box is also in excellent condition.
- Complete with all 4 inserts plus Rare battery card which is always missing.
- You will notice that unlike the colorful 1966 Hess Voyager box there are no fancy designs or colors.
Ship & Box – 9.95 Condition
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.