Original Cost: $1.39
This is one of the most difficult trucks to come by in the entire Hess collection. There were 3 versions of the “Red Velvet” truck this being the rarest of all 3.
- The first version has a small Hess decal on the rear of the tanker that is the same size as the white stripe in height. On this version the “Fuel Oils” decal is on the driver’s side rear of the tanker. This is the most common of the three versions made.ruck comes in a white box top with a “Red Velvet” base for the bottom unlike any of the other Hess trucks.
- The second version is the same as the first except that the decal on the rear of the tanker is 3/8″ larger than the white stripe and the “Fuel Oils” decal is now on the front passenger’s side of the tanker. This is the version that everyone looks for when purchasing the 1967 Hess Red Velvet Tanker.
- The hardest to find and rarest version of the 1967 Hess Red Velvet tankers is the Virgin Island variation. It is identical to the second one with two differences one being that instead of the “Gasoline” decal on the driver’s side rear, this truck has “Chemical” in place of it and the other being that the rear decal is also smaller (see pic). This truck was strictly for Hess’s St. Croix Virgin Islands employees and also came with a special Season”s Greetings holiday card. It is believed these were never made available for sale to the public.
- The truck is in mint condition and one of the best we have seen in years!
- The decals are all original & in excellent condition (see pics).
- Large rear decal on the rear of the tanker (see all pics).
- The truck measures approximately 13″ in length.
- All the chrome parts are present (including the stack not shown) and original except the mirrors which are reproductions. NOTE: in the pics of the cab it shows the stack missing but it is included.
- The battery compartment is clean and the lights have been checked and are in working order.
Box & Velvet Base Details:
- Red velvet base is in excellent condition and original (see pics).
- The top of the box has a few flaws but still make a nice display piece for the beginner. It has bright graphics, some staining, a couple of taped corners and a crushed area on one end. (see all pics).
- Comes complete with the battery card which is also in mint condition.
- Both inside top inserts are NOT included.
Truck & Box – Mint Condition
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.