Original Cost: $1.29
In 1965 Hess started to expand its name and proceeded to purchase stations in the southeast such as Billups, Service, Wilco just to name a few. Hess would produce a toy truck and every year after its southern stations were allowed to use the mold to make trucks with their logos on them. Service Distributing Company, Inc. (Servco) used the name “Service” which appeared on all its toy trucks from 1966 until 1976. It then changed the name to “Service Plus” in 1979. In 1986 the name changed again to Servco. This particular edition is a copy of the very popular 1977/1978 Hess Tanker Truck.
- The truck is designed after the B-Mack tanker and is painted the old company colors of dark green and white with bright yellow accents.
- It was manufactured in the USA by the Marx Toy Company.
- Designed to be filled with water from the top using the small funnel (NOT INCLUDED) and then drained from the hose beneath the tanker.
- Measures approximately 12 inches in length.
- Truck is bright white with all original parts only missing the cab of the truck (see pic).
- There is a chassis repair, done very well, on the bottom of the truck.
- Decals are in mint condition (see pics).
- Lights have been tested and are in working order.
- The top of the box is NOT included but it does have the black bottom box (see pics).
- The bottom of the box is in excellent condition with only a couple of tape repairs on one end (see pics).
- Box is complete with very hard to find battery card.
Truck – 9.9 / Box – 9.8 Condition
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.