Original Cost: $1.39
Hess bought out some southern companies in the 1960s one of which was the Billups Oil Company. They decided to sell their regular edition Hess tanker truck at the Billups stations and made a few changes. The first change was to the bottom of the box changing it from green to black. The second change was to the truck itself. Hess placed their own logo sticker right over the existing logos. After years the Billups stickers bled right through the Hess decals and became faintly visable! The final change they made was to the battery instruction card. This would be a 2-sided card (see pics below).
- The truck is designed after the B-Mack tanker and is painted the old company colors of dark green and white with bright yellow accents.
- It was manufactured in the USA by the Marx Toy Company and measures approximately 12 inches in length.
- Designed to be filled with water from the top using the small funnel and then drained from the hose beneath the tanker.
- Truck is amazingly bright white for its age with all original parts. Decals are all in good to excellent condition with some wear to a couple of them (see pics).
- Funnel is in excellent condition as well as the decal (see pic).
- Lights have been tested and are in working order, switch is a little touchy. The chassis has been repaired just behind the cab but strong (see pic).
- The top of the box has bright graphics, all corners strong with the some slight bowing (see pics).
- The black bottom box is also in excellent condition with only a small smudge area inside (see pics).
- Box is complete with packing tissue, cardboard hose insert, original funnel wrapped is tissue paper, funnel holder & rare Hess/Billups battery card.
Truck -9.0 / Box – 9.8 Condition
Remember everything on our site is FREE Standard shipping all day everyday!
Please Note: Batteries are not included. See our policy on batteries.