1969 Hess Split Window Semi Tanker (Woodbridge)
Original Cost: $1.49
This truck is very similar to the 1967 Tanker truck. Each has working headlights and taillights operated by a switch on the bottom of the tanker, and removable hose. The decal placement on the 1968 Hess Tanker says “Gasoline” one the passenger’s side & “Fuel Oils” are on the driver’s.
- 1968 & 1969 trucks had a white base instead of a Red Velvet base
- The battery cover on the 1968 & 1969 has a round Marx Logo on them.
The 1967 did not.
- The 1968 has a picture of the front of the truck on one end with the address on the box that says, “Home Office Perth Amboy, New Jersey”
- The 1969 has a picture of the front of the truck on one end with the address on the box under it stating, “Home office Woodbridge, New Jersey”
- On the 1968/1969 the end of the box has a picture of the rear of the truck and states under it, “Made in The British Crown Colony of Hong Kong”
- The 1967 states, “Made in USA”
- All thee trucks have square trailer feet and have no rivets by the on/off switch