2011 Hess Toy Truck & Race Car
Original Cost: $26.99
Following a long tradition of craftsmanship and innovation, this year’s truck has four-wheel spring suspension and a pull-out ramp that automatically activates a hydraulic sound. The truck cab features three more sound effects and flashing lights. The truck’s flatbed trailer carries a race car modeled after an American stock car that sports a pull-back racing motor and Hess Express logo. A push of the race car’s gas cap activates flashing lights and the sound of the car’s engine.
- Pull-out ramp with automatic hydraulic sound
- 3 additional sound effects activated by cab buttons (ignition, horn and back-up alert sounds)
- 34 lights with all-on and flashing modes
- Flashing light mode activated by cab button, chassis switch and ramp
- Four-wheel spring suspension detailing
- Engine sound effect activated by gas cap button
- 10 lights (all-on and flashing modes)
- Flashing light mode activated by gas cap button
- Pull-back racing motor
- Chrome-look detailing
- 2 Energizer® ‘AA’ batteries
The box has a picture of the truck on both sides with a Hess station in the background and a winter scene. A picture of the truck is on one end and the rear on the other end flap. The top of the box displays the Hess logo and says” Toy Truck and Race Car” with a winter scene in the background and Christmas trees with a race track in front. The difference on this box is that there is the Hess Express in the background. Hess changed the name of their stores in 1998.